Where: New York Law School, 185 West Broadway NY NY
Topic: The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has repeatedly stated that worksite enforcement is a priority. DHS and Customs Enforcement (ICE) are pursuing this priority through audits of companies’ forms I-9 and well as conducting worksite compliance visits through FDNS. Panel Members will address the basics and history of I-9s, including common errors, compliance, common trends, audits and minimizing liability. Panel Members will also discuss site visits including anatomy of a site visit and best practices.
- Rosanna Fox, Partner, Lepore Taylor Fox, LLP
- Dan Schwarz, Partner, Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Hamel Vyas, Associate Dean for International Personnel, and HR Regulatory and Compliance, Mount Sinai Health System
- Moderator:Mikhail Izrailev, Associate,Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP,NY AILA I-9 & Worksite Compliance, Co-Chair
- Moderator: Nandini Nair, Partner, Greenspoon Marder, LLP, NY AILA I-9 & Worksite Compliance, Co-Chair.
- Intro to I-9s
- I-9 Work-site enforcement: What to expect and what to do when ICE arrives?
- Compliance trends Other compliance issues to consider (PAFs, H-1B worksite visits, etc)
- Ethics: How to advise clients re work-site compliance and enforcement issues
2 Areas of Professional Practice CLE credits will be offered for this program. The CLEs for this program are both transitional (suitable for newly admitted attorneys) and nontransitional (suitable for experienced attorneys) or appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys. To receive CLE credit you must arrive by the start of the program and remain throughout the program (no exceptions). We strongly encourage you to arrive early. You must sign in at the table before entering the program and sign out when the program ends. Attendees who arrive after the program starts or who leave prior to its end will not receive CLE credits, no exceptions.
The program is free for those who are AILA New York Chapter members. The cost for non-NY Chapter members is $75. In accordance with requirements of the New York State CLE Board, a reduced fee is available based on financial hardship. For more information on the Chapter’s financial hardship or CLE policy please contact Michelle Velasco at email@example.com or Andrea Kahn at firstname.lastname@example.org. No RSVP is necessary.